Saturday, March 20, 2010

Story of the Day 3/ 9/2010

We had just gotten home from Ivy Tech.
Ivy Tech is a community college . Aaron is planning on taking two classes there, this summer.
Classes that are required, but not of particular interest to him.
We were pulling into the driveway and he decides to tell me a joke.

“Mom, what was Mozart’s favorite fruit?”
I think, but no brilliant flash of insight comes my way.

“Ba-na-na-na-na.” says Aaron is a very atonal kind of sing-song- if there is such a thing.

Then he adds, “My friends all think that joke is very funny, but I don’t get it.”

I then repeat what he said- but with the melody of one of Mozart’s works attached to the syllables.

He gives me a blank look . and I wonder why I am trying to “sing” this to my deaf son.
Obviously, I need another cup of coffee.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

You should at least tell him that it's Beethoven. He can impress the hearing moron who told him the joke.

Cassia Margolis said...

it is worse than that- it wasn't just one moron.