Thursday, July 11, 2013

Story of the Day 6/ 13/ 2013




This morning, I received an email from the college my daughter, Sarah, is attending.
Or, at least, will be attending, this August.
It's subject was " Admitted Student Questionnaire"

I opened it and started to read.
The email informed me that Sarah is not attending RIT.
She is not enrolling in RIT.

This is Sarah who has been walking around wearing a collection of RIT t-shirst in which we have invested, picking out towels and texting to her roommate. The one who is supposed to live with her at RIT.

My first thought is, "Oh My G-d, what did I fuck up?"
Let's be real, not only am I not Einstein, I am not competent, so this was a reasonable thought.
I went through a mental checklist:
I paid the deposit.
I paid the dorm deposit.
Sarah had been assigned to a specific dorm room.
I had registered for the parent's orientation.
I had called the school to make sure we were dropping Sarah off on the correct date.
I had run the directions through Mapquest.

What did I miss????

Sarah walked into the room wearing one of her RIT t-shirts.

I decide that I am very capable of messing up, but Sarah would not have allowed me to miss any critical things.

So, I shoot off an email to Dr. Miller.
I tell him:

Dear Dr. Miller,

Sarah IS enrolling at RIT. It was the only college to which she applied, because she fell in love with it, when we visited , two years ago.
I am not sure where the information that she is not enrolling is from.

Sincerely,
Cassia Margolis



The original email was sent at 10:36 AM and my reply to Dr. Miller was sent back 19 minutes later.

At 11:16, I received another email from RIT:


You may have recently received an email regarding the Admitted Student Questionnaire for "Non-Enrolling Students". THIS MESSAGE WAS SENT TO YOU IN ERROR.



As a result of this morning's chain of missives, I have decided that:

#1- I need to go buy more hair dye, because I am certain my entire head is now grey.
and

#2- I may have prematurely assumed that Sarah graduating from high school was leaving me with a dearth of material for the "Story of the Day".


No comments: