Sunday, July 28, 2013

Story of the Day 7/ 1 / 2013 - #3



It has been a long day. I know that because this is my THIRD Story of the Day.
At least it is now evening, otherwise, I would be worried about how much more there is yet to come....

Aaron and Sarah took off to go to the American Legion.
Aaron had gotten the address and mapquested it. He also had his GPS in the car.
Despite that, I got a call, after they had left.
The GPS was misbehaving, he was supposed to be on one street, but he wasn't.
Being the kind mother that I am, I opened up map quest on the computer and searched for the street, then I explained what the computer showed.

A bit later, he called,again.
Should he take a right or a left? How much farther was it?
This time, he gave me the exact address.
I opened up map quest, again. I gave him detailed instructions, grateful that he was less than half a mile from it.

About 45 minutes later, I get another phone call from my son.

No, he did get there.
Safely.
And they sat down at a table and Aaron ordered a coke.
Then he found out that they did not accept credit cards.
And he had no cash on him.
But he did have his debit card, and they have an ATM.
Did I know his PIN number for his debit card.

I explained to him that his PIN number and mine were different, and that , "no" I didn't know his.
He was getting ready to either wash a lot of dishes, or maybe go out on the street corner to beg.

Fortunatley, the American Legion Post is all of 8 minutes from our house, even though it took him more than twice that long to get there.

So being a wonderful mother ( please remind him of this, the next time that you see him) , I drove over and paid the bill.

Have I explained that Aaron is deaf? Deaf means you can't hear.
I also found out, tonight, that he is illiterate.
On entering the American Legion there were two signs, one on the door and one on the wall you face when you walk in.

They only accept cash.

No comments: