Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Story of the Day 12/17/2008


I am not sure I exist.
I received an email, this morning, from AOL pictures. They are closing their on-line service. I can either download my albums to my computer or have the images transferred to another service.
I didn’t remember what images I had put up, so I tried to check.
I don’t.
I do have an account, though.
I know because I was able to sign in.
I used my default name and default password.
The name and password I use for everything that isn’t important.
It is not the name or password I use for any email accounts or for pay pal, just for things like getting articles from the Dayton Daily News.
I am left wondering if I set up an account and then just never used it.
I mean, would I even remember I had it?
I didn’t, so that answers that question.
Or did I need an account to check someone else’s pictures?
You know, the friends who send you links to their online albums, but you can only access them if you set up an account.
Or……
At any rate, although I seem to have a name and a location, I am sans any substance…..what an existence- at least in the AOL world.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

This would be a perfect story for my contentless blog. I wonder how many places I don't exist?

Cassia Margolis said...

you ( and joe) exist on my key chain!!!