Sunday, December 14, 2008

Story of the Evening 12/14/2008

Aaron came home from work to tell us that someone was fired.
He wasn’t the someone.

This other someone had made a racist remark. About how Martin Luther King , jr. should have been assassinated earlier.
The boss is black. The employee who was fired is complaining that it was his First Amendment right to say that.

I told Aaron, “No, it isn’t, because that is intimidation and harassment.”
Having any view you want is your right, and expressing it in a different venue may be fine, but not when you use it to intimidate someone at work. Or to try to.
This must be the karma of the day, though.

Our Youtube account, not the one with the funny Aaron videos, but the Jewish educational site in ASL- well, I got a nice little email directed to me through it- it said “Die Bitch” and had a video attachment- the sounds of a Jew being executed.

I spent about 30 minutes trying to figure out how to report it to YouTube. According to their instructions, I was supposed to click on two links that have been removed in order to get a form to fill out. But since the links have been removed….
I knew this because I had two Youtube windows open, one with eth instruction on what to click on, in order, and the other being my window to do the process…..
I ended up faxing the info to their office.

I don’t’ expect them to actually do anything about it….
But I am glad the movie theater was able to do something about their situation.

No comments: