Friday, February 4, 2011

Story of the Day 2/ 4/ 2011

Today is day 4, or maybe 5 of Aaron searching for himself.
I mean, not wearing his hearing aids.

Of course, he is still speaking to us, using his voice, and I noticed him singing, at least, I think it was singing, on the sofa, earlier this afternoon. But he is living in his nice quiet world and having lots of time to think.
Which is what is scaring me.
A few minutes ago, as I was peeking into the oven to see if the onion pies I am making for Shabbat dinner are ready, he comes up to me and asks, “Is it hard for parents to decide what are appropriate interests they want to encourage with their kids? “
“Well, there are not exactly lessons on it, and not every parent has the same idea of appropriate.”
“Well, I want you to know that I am sorry for everything that I put you and dad through with my inappropriate behavior.”

I had to think a minute.
“You mean all the drugs and the unprotected gay sex?”

“No, I mean the wrestling.”
I must have given him a dumbfounded look, because he explained.
“You know, I used to be interested in professional wrestling. And it now occurs to me that it is a really disturbingly violent.”
“Aaron you were 10, okay, maybe 12.”
And he was upset back then because of the scantily clad women who were shown between bouts.

Meanwhile, he also assured me that he uses protection for heterosexual sex.
So, I am relieved on that accord.

No comments: