Thursday, February 10, 2011

Story of the Day 2/10/2011

It was a bad karma day, at least for my car.

On my way out to pick up Vandra, my car slid on a very icy patch. Not badly. Mostly because I was only going about 5 mph , because of the ice.
It settled with the passenger side tires just slightly into the snow that was massed up to the side of the cleared area- cleared being a relative term, since it was covered with somewhere between 4 and 6 inches of ice.
I rocked the car as best I could, but it was stuck.

Fortunately, a handsome young man came to my rescue, and the two of us dug the car out of the snow- which was also really ice- since it had the same 4 to 6 inches of ice crusting it.
After about 40 minutes of hard labor, the hard labor being breaking through the ice surrounding the stuck tires- my car was free and I got it back up onto the road. Where it was stuck. This is because it was now on a sheet of smooth, lovely ice, and without the momentum that had caused the original slide, the tires couldn’t get up enough traction to move the car…..
Fortunately, my car has these nice floor mats, and just a couple of minutes later, I was really free from eth slick ice.

And I gave a big hug and kiss to that nice handsome young man who is also my son. Maybe I will let him move out of the crawl space.

Well, maybe.

1 comment:

BusinessKata said...

ha ha nice! Maybe you should nick name him the 'trunk monkey' now :)