Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Story of the Day 2/1/2011

Today is day two of Aaron in his natural state. No, he is wearing clothes; he just isn’t wearing his hearing aids.
We are in the middle of some bad winter weather. Bad as in ice storms. Everything was closed, today- the schools, the schools, the schools, and a whole mess of other things.
My husband drove off to work, this morning, and made it! And was also kind enough to call his worried-to-death-old-wife to let me know that he arrived safely at the office.

So Aaron is running around au natural, and, about 45minutes ago, he let me know that he was going over to Ethan’s.
I asked if he was driving or walking.

“Walking.”

”Well, take your cell phone and a hearing aid, in case you fall down and break something and I need to come get you!”
As you can see, I am making sure to meet my Jewish mother daily minimum-worry-requirement goal.

Then he reminded me that he can text from his cell phone.


When my husband came home, he asked where Aaron had gone.
“Without his hearing aids?”
My husband’s jaw dropped open, and stayed that way for more that 45 seconds.

We used to have to wrestle them off of him at bedtime. For a while, we gave up on winning the fight and just waited until after he was asleep to carefully pry them off his ears without waking him.

Oh wait, that is not why his jaw dropped open, it dropped open when I read him Aaron’s email to me, when he gave me permission to post yesterday’s story. His comment about ” it being part of “his “spiritual journey of self exploration.”

Then Larry asked if he had been smoking pot when he wrote that.

No comments: