Thursday, November 10, 2011

Story of the Day 11/ 2 / 2011

Dinner was an array of somewhat healthy vegetarian fare.

Somewhat healthy because the bacon on the back lettuce and tomato sandwiches was Morningstar soy bacon, but it still had it's share of fat, as did the mayonnaise, as did the dressing on the sale, which had it in the form of an entire avocado mashed up and mixed in with the garlic and lemon juice to make the dressing.
A lot of fat, but preferring to believe that it's as mostly heart-healthy fat, and therefore somehow virtuous, I decided that a small after dinner treat would not be undeserved.

My husband and my daughter, Sarah, were also finishing up the food on their plates, and I signed, "I hear something, I hear something calling my name. It is the chocolate. It is calling 'Cassia, Cassia, come get me."

My husband smiled.
He signed, "Funny, I am hearing something also, but I think it is the chocolate cake calling to me."

"Funny, I don't hear anything," signed Sarah, who is deaf.

No comments: