Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Story of the Day 11/ 22/ 2011

My son is being plagued by mice.
Or his yeshivah is.

I had long suspected that this was not a lone mouse prowling his room.
I was right.
This mouse has friends.

Aaron, having given up on the rabbi's homemade mouse trap, went and bought some sticky traps.

At first, he was not successful.

The mouse or mice or meeeces would come and eat the peanut butter, get somewhat stuck, roll around a bit and escape , leaving behind tufts of mouse hair.
Aaron , after watching one of theses rodents struggle and escape realized he would have to act quickly and grab up the mouse and trap and toss it into a bag.

The next time it happened, he pounced.
Plop went the mouse and the trap into a plastic bag.
Aaron was making his way to the trash cans when the mouse, athletic little rodent that he was, worked his way free from the trap And from the plastic bag that Aaron had not closed very well.
And the mouse ran right all over Aaron, or, at least, over a part of him, and back into the dorm.

His mother, of course, freaked out.

"That fucking thing could have bitten you!!" I screamed at Aaron over the internet.

Hey, he is deaf, it is no less effective than screaming at him when he is in the same room.

Okay, I lied.
If he is in the same room, he can see my face turning red with rage.
Aso, he can see the venom I am spewing as I yell " the fucking rodent!" . So maybe it is spittle and not venom, but you get the idea.
Part of me was also screaming at Aaron who has set himself up to get bitten by that same fucking little rodent.
Hey, you would also label him such if he was threatening your little, six foot two baby!

I told Aaron to have brick handy and bash the fucking little rodent's head in, the next time it gets stuck.

So much for kinder and gentler.

I also emailed my Kinder and Gentler husband- ( who is not as Kind and Gentle as the rabbi of the dorms, because my husband has never concerned himself with how I dispose of the mice that occasionally come into our garage, but who is Kind and Gentle enough that it is my job do dispose of any mice ) that he needs to email the Kinder and Gentler keeper of rodents, i mean the dorm rabbi, and tell him that mice are a real health hazard.

I gave him that job because everyone knows that you don't listen to women because we are soft spoken squeamish,and can't deal l with these things.

I will remember that the next time my husband or one of my sons calls me to deal with a spider, a wasp or a mouse.

No comments: