Thursday, January 12, 2012

Story of the Day 1/ 10/ 2012
























Ely had driven off into the sunset, although, it was actually the sunrise, headed back to New York, and we were all missing him.

Unfortunately, we were not missing his phone recharger. I found what looked like it, about 12 hours after he had left.



We were also not missing his hat, or his gloves.



Fortunately, Binghamton has been having a balmy spell, and those were not as sorely needed as they usually are, at this time of year.

Being the wonderful mother that I am, ( and I keep repeating this phrase with frequency hoping that it will fool my children into believing that is one of the “Great Truths”) I packaged these things, and a nice shiny stainless steel water bottle up , stuck a label on it, and drove off to the post office.

As I was standing in line, I started thinking….and I couldn’t’ quite remember putting the phone charger into the box.

Had I or hadn’t I?



Relying on my memory is a bit like believing that “ read my lips” joke. Oh , wait, he didn’t mean it as a joke….

If you are under the age of …well, too young to remember the Republican National Convention of 1988, look it up. That is why God made Google, so you can look it up. That is another one of those “Great Truths”. At least, it is in my house.



So, to get back to the phone charger and whether or not I had put it in the box I was ready to mail….. I had no idea.

At least, I had not squandered gas on a wasted trip to the post office, since I was also there to mail those other important items: Sarah’s dvd…also a topic of numerous stories of the day, bound for the NTID/RIT competition, and the form and $60 filing fee for US Tax court, made necessary because my old employer didn’t send a corrected 1099 to the IRS, despite the email from them saying they had. Oh wait, maybe that is one of those other “Great Truths” about the check, I mean form, being in the mail…..



So, I sent the other important items off, and I drove home and looked around and, behold…..the phone charger was still sitting , unboxed, on the counter.

It must be waiting for Ely’s next visit.



But I will be a good mother, I will open up the box and put it INSIDE, retape it and take it off to the post office. Maybe even tomorrow.

If I remember.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved your stories Uncle dave