Monday, January 9, 2012

Story of the Day 12/23/2011

I recently had a friend over for tea. We spent the better part of an hour discussing doing laundry.

About hot water and cold water and enzymes that are in Tide with bleach alternative- which is wonderful at removing stains, but if you use hot water, then it doesn’t’ work, and how I am planning on making my own laundry detergent.

You see, I saw a video about it on YouTube. YouTube and Facebook, of course, are major sources for the news and for life skills.

At least for me.

So, you can make your own laundry detergent very inexpensively.

But the minor drawback is that you need two 5 gallon buckets for mixing it. And you need several hundred empty laundry jugs for storing it.

I am working on one of the 5 gallon buckets. That is because there was a terrific rebate on buying one filled with dry detergent. It ended up costing about $1.10 more than buying the bucket empty. And it came with all of that detergent.....

Of course, it may take me 6 months to use up that detergent. And another six to get another 5 gallon tub, and then another year to save the empty laundry detergent jugs. And…….

You might think that the only thing I learned while having tea with my friend was how long this is going to take me.

No, I actually realized something that is infinitely more valuable, although, I am also not sure what I will do with this information.

I have learned that I am a very boring friend.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

But you are the most entertaining boring friend we have!