Friday, January 13, 2012

Story of the Day 1/ 13/ 2012







Mice have been a topic of numerous Stories of the Day since my beloved little boy. Aaron, has been studying at the Ohr Somayach yeshivah in Jerusalem.

Apparently, at the yeshivah, mice are an endangered species, and instead of killing them, they are to be caught in the yeshivah's mouse trap and then released into the wild.
The wild is the area near the trash cans outside of the yeshivah.

The yeshivah has a very special trap made just for this propose. This trap also serves a second necessary purpose- which is especially important because it doesn't' work very well at trapping mice because the latch fails to be released most of the time.
this second purpose is to test for learning disabilities.
This is the trap that my son kept telling me, for several weeks, was made from a Nike shoebox.
Obviously, he ( my son, not the mouse) has an unusual kind of dyslexia.

As for the mouse update.......well, they still have some, but none have run over Aaron's or Aaron's ( his roommate also having the same first name) face the middle of the night.
There are also now some dorm cats that have been imported by some very resourceful students.
I didn't' have Aaron ask them if any mice had run over their faces in the middle of the night, but something obviously prompted them to import these cats from their previously feral positions on the streets of Jerusalem.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

OK, I understand the "Nike" box - That's the copyright syndrome, like when my grandmom thought paper snotrags were all called Kleenex. She didn't know the word tissue. And all copiers are Xeroxes. So Aaron thinks all sneakers are Nikes. As well he should. Except they never fit me, I can't wear them.