Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Last Friday- Larry's additions:

My husband emailed me to add some points to the Story of last Friday and the parking lot drama:


The parking lot is used after hours for events at the field house for $3, but during business hours it is used by commuters to several large office buildings. There was no attendant in the entrance and exit booth, and apparently people that use the lot during the day have key cards. Todd and I couldn't pull in, so we had to park on the service road leading up to the entrance to the lot.

Each of the socket wells in the carrying case filled up with water several times over. The rain was running off Todd's nose and chin like we were in a 'B' movie. I got wet even under my rain coat ... I'm still not sure how that happened. My shoes were still wet 24 hours later...

(no ticket for Todd, and no dead battery for Todd...I was worried about that too).

I would have paid or asked for help, but there was no one in the booth. The arm of the exit gate was down, and to the right there were two metal upright posts to prevent creative driving on the sidewalk. I pulled up very slowly, with the silly hope that the black car was small enough to drive under the arm of the exit gate, sort of like driving under the big roller brushes of the car wash. The black car was too tall for that (a convertible with a midget, might have had a better chance in that regard), but by driving at a 45 degree angle, I hoped I could squeeze between the end of the arm of the gate, and the two posts. As I inched forward, I saw that I'd be able to drive out with at least a foot to spare on the driver's side. It was fun !


It was fun?? My husband is scaring me.

No comments: