Sunday, September 21, 2008

Story of the Evening 9/19/2008

Sarah was very impressed.
At dinner, she tells me that Jeff King asked a boy in eth Middle School if he had 12 chocolate bars.
The boy answered, “I have ten.”

It was one of our favorite chocolate brands.
Years ago, when it first came out It was kosher- but then it lost its hekshur. That is the certification that tells us it is kosher.
For the next several years, I would pick up the bags of it, and look carefully over them hoping the symbol of kosher certification had somehow miraculously reappeared on it.

At friends’ homes, I would cheat and eat a piece.
But I really wanted t buy a few bags and bring them home.

Finally, and it must have been after about 5 years, that wonderful little symbol started appearing on the bags and bars –and we could enjoy it, at home.
Recently, there was a sale on it, and I bought 3 bags and two bars- which is a lot.
But 10 bars.
Which is why I pulled a bag of it out, at the end of the meal, to serve along with the cake I had made.


But then, Sarah got a very serious- a concerned look on her face.
“Mom , what is “D-O-V-E ?”

“Well, it is this brand of chocolate that we like. Or it is a kind of bird .”

A stunned look.
“Oh, I thought he meant chocolate.”
Jeff King had asked the student if he had 12 D-O-V-E-S.

No comments: