Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Story of the Day 1/ 16/ 2011

Ely is trying to choose a middle name.
She changed her last name, years ago.
Got a little tired of it not fitting on forms.

The first name has been morphing for months. From Esther to Esker to Aster( my favorite), to Astro, to…I am forgetting one, to Elon, to Ely.
Okay, I am not sure that Astro was serious, but it was on her Facebook profile for a while.

One relative asked me, “Is it Ely? Is she sure? I want to know before I get used to calling her that.”

Actually, it might be.

Why do I think this? Because now it seems it is time to change the middle name.

Of course, later in the day she texted me that maybe “Buckeye” would be a better choice….Yesterday and today, the front-runner was “Ohio”.
Of course, it is only a front runner with her.

I did mention that she might feel it is a bit odd after a few years.
Okay, it is odd, now, but that she might get tired of it being odd. Like really odd.

Ely replied that, in the event someone mentions it being rather odd , she will say, “I don’t know what my parents were thinking when they named me that!”

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I have a cousin whose middle name is the zodiac sign he was conceived in. His father was a retard. No offense to real retards.