Saturday, January 22, 2011

Story of the Day 1/19/2011

Today was the day that Ely and Aaron drove from Philadelphia to Washington, DC so that Aaron could tour Gallaudet University and possibly move out of our basement.
They left early, really early, and they went to the museum, only they didn’t.
Aaron did.
Ely couldn’t find parking so she dropped off Aaron and then went and sun bathed on the mall. Well, sunbathed while wearing clothing. Otherwise, I would be writing this while awaiting a flight to go there and bail her out.

The next time I heard from them they were late. Very late, driving around Washington, DC, which can be lovely, unless you are stressed because you are late.
And I am being yelled at because it is my fault they are late because I did not buy each of them their own personal GPS.
That is what Ely told me. It was entirely my fault.

Of course, they couldn’t be bothered to print out directions. Or to write down the name of the building they were going to, before they left Philadelphia.
Or to take a phone number.
Or the name of the person they had gone to meet.

Sarah said, “What were they thinking?”
They weren’t.

And with what they took with them, a GPS wouldn’t have helped.
On the other hand, a nice crystal ball…..


Later, I get a call from Ely, they can see the campus, and just before the campus is a wonderful Michael Jackson Xmas house, and she wants to go back after Gally and snap some pictures.
Since I absolutely cannot visualize what a Michael Jackson Xmas house looks like, I think this is a good idea.

Even later, I find out that there will be no Michael Jackson Xmas house photos from this trip. They managed to get lost leaving Gallaudet, also.




Addendum,
They are driving to Rochester.

No comments: