Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Story of the Day 12/24/2010

My son has decided to quit college. He is not going to return to Ball State for the spring semester. He is going to live at home. In our basement.

My son wants to be a filmmaker. Employment in the arts is always a questionable affair, so paying rent is always a struggle. Because of this, I have told him, several times over the past few years, that he will be welcome to return home and live in our basement while he struggles to be a filmmaker. Of course, I didn’t’ really envision him taking me up on the offer before the end of his sophomore year of college.

He must really be desperate.

Just imagine, having to live with your parents who can smell it if you smoke pot, and who will know if you have a girlfriend in the house and who will know when you come and go. Of course, I doubt if he could get any girlfriend to come back with him to his new place. You see, we don’t’ have a basement, it is a crawl space that is about 4 feet high and the floor is gravel and it is cold and dark, and on a bad day, you can share the space with some rodents or a raccoon.

Although, so far we have not had a raccoon issue.

I will repeat myself. He must really be desperate.

And, ironically, my eldest is moving INTO a closet to avoid moving back home with us. (times are desperate).

At least it is a walk-in closet…..

2 comments:

Kathleen O'Neil Stevens said...

You are so funny!

Cassia Margolis said...

of course, in this case funny is spelled w-e-i-r-d