Monday, February 27, 2012

Story of the Day 1/ 15/ 2012

Today was the deadline for the video that Sarah made to arrive for the competition.

This is the video that was made on the computer that I paid for and that is sitting in my family room, but which Apple insists someone else owns. of course, they will not tell me who that someone else is....

The same video that would not burn onto a DVD, which is why I made 6 phone calls to Apple's technical support, which si how I found out that invoice or not, we do not own this computer.

This is also the video that did not get mailed on January 9th because it had to be re-captioned for the signing impaired. You know, those poor Hearing people who are otherwise unable to understand the dialogue.

And this is the video that Youtube spent 11 plus hours uploading, only to have the upload fail.

I bet you are now expecting that the video will not arrive, today.

But it did.

You see, despite this project being born under poorly aligned celestial bodies, even for it, some things go right.
It arrived.
I feel like crying over this one successful component of the project.

Of course, I did send it the most expensive way possible, complete with tracking, and the person receiving it had to sign for it, be fingerprinted, provide a blood sample and promise to name their first born child Sam , after Uncle Sam.
But it did arrive.

I am adding up the damage.
I mean the costs.

A cable to upload from the camera to the computer. Dvds and cases. Gas to drive to Camby , Indiana , twice , to pick up one of the actors. Pizza and potato chips. Well, they had to be fed. Postage, the exorbitant type. The mailer. And a dozen small things, including props.
The prize is $200 or $250 dollars. If she wins.
At which point we will be lucky to break even, although, the expenses were mine, and the prize will be hers, if she actually wins.

Of course, I am a rather odd mother, and I con side r the entire thing to have been worth it. Well, maybe not the 6 phone calls to Apple's tech support........

Hopefully, you will feel the same way, in 3 minutes and 40 seconds, I mean, after you have viewed her video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGlSlGCAaqs&context=C3365e95ADOEgsToPDskJ6MPK86an4f6wfMgZHEMrH

2 comments:

DaCanon said...

Very ngood video. I like how it draws the viewer in and holds them until the end. Nicely done.

Cassia Margolis said...

Thanks!- from Sarah's rather biased mother