Friday, February 17, 2012

Story of the Day 2/ 15/ 2012

My son called today.
It seems that a lot of my stories start with that line.

There was, however, a subtle difference in today's call. It was at 6:10 PM, MY time, which means it was at 1:10 AM , HIS time.

"Aaron it is after 1 AM ! Why are you still awake?"
"I just got back from a wedding."
Oh, okay, that was probably a school sanctioned event. At the yeshivah, it might even qualify as a field trip.

"For one of the students?"
"Yeah."
Like i said...

"Did you eat well? Did you have a nice time?"
"Yeah, yeah."

Then my son goes on to tell me about how exciting the wedding was.
" And there was this guy who was juggling fire. Only , he missed and his vest caught on fire."
Apparently, the fire was successfully extinguished. Quickly. And there was no hospital run.

"Was this a professional performer or a guest at the wedding?"
"Um, I think he was both."
Well, I think he was a slightly inebriated wedding guest, whose nice Jewish mother is now yelling at him.
At any rate, I have decided that when Aaron gets married, I will forbid them from hiring a fire-juggler for entertainment.

This kind of excitement, I can live without.

1 comment:

Jadina said...

NICE BLOG!!! Check mine out, maybe we can follow each other!

http://jadinashodgepodge.blogspot.com