Monday, February 13, 2012

Story of the Day 2/ 10/ 2012

Aaron called, this morning, from Israel.

He called at 6:20 AM and asked me if I had to rush out for work.
"Not for another hour and a half."
"Oh, okay."
He is still a little unsure about what the time difference means. After all, he has only been in Israel , since October, and it has only been the same 7 hour time difference, since then.

Then he started singing " Shabbat Shalom."

It is Friday, and our Sabbath starts in ...about 11 hours, and his starts in about 4.
So, he was singing this song.

I could tell he was singing it because he kept saying the word "Shabbat" about 4 times as often as the word " Shalom".

Since he is deaf, there was a little something missing in all of this.

The thing that was missing is called, "melody".

When he finished, I said, "That was very nice."

Of course, I don't' have my hearing aid on, and it is a long distance overseas connection, so it could have been worse.

No comments: