Sunday, April 22, 2012

Story of the Day 4/ 1/ 2012 - Addendum

Eventually, I spoke to my son.
The one who is in Israel and who is coming home tomorrow. Only he isn't, and he is.
He isn't' in Israel, he is in New York, but he is coming home tomorrow.

"What happened?"
For some reason, I seemed to think this was a logical question to ask.

" Well, " my husband replied.....
My husband?
It turns out that my son had called and spoken with him while I was en route home from the hardware store....
"When Aaron arrived at the airport, they told him that his flight wasn't until tomorrow.
"The options were to pay $200 and change his flight, or to take a cab back to Jerusalem from the airport in Tel Aviv, and then take another cab back to the Tel Aviv airport, tomorrow."

From Jerusalem to Tel Aviv is about 45 miles.
Aaron doesn't' have an alarm clock and his roommate, who has been waking him up since the alarm clock knocked out the power in the dormitory and self-destructed is already back in the United States. And Aaron's underwear was already packed.
So, Aaron decided to shell out the $200, and worry, after he got to New York, about getting to New York a day too early for his connecting flight.

It still doesn't exactly answer how he managed to think today was Monday, April 2nd, when it isn't. Or Monday, when it is actually Sunday, or....

His sister explained that.
Sarah said, when she learned about what happened, "He is an idiot!"

Since I am his mother , who changed his diapers and stayed awake with him when he was ill, I answered the only way a loving mother can.
"Yes, but he is OUR idiot."

1 comment:

DaCanon said...

One day, you all are going to look back on this and laugh...
but enough about tomorrow. ;-)