Sunday, August 10, 2008

Story of the Day 8/07/2008

Esther, Sarah and I left Aaron at home.
He was tired and wanted to take a nap before going to work, and we were off in search of school shoes for Sarah.

While we were gone, the phone rang. Since Aaron was the only one at home, he ended up in a conversation with a neighbor.
Then the doorbell rang.
Aaron tried to explain to the neighbor that he needed to go answer the door, but the neighbor kept going.
Again, the doorbell rang.
Again, Aaron said, “I need to go answer the door.” But the neighbor kept on talking.
Then Aaron heard someone come into the house.
“Oh it must have been my mom.”He yells out, “I’m in the bedroom, Mom!’
There was an answer form down the hall, but Aaron wasn’t sure what was said.
“Mom, I’m in the bedroom!”
Again, an answer, and Aaron, who couldn’t figure out what I had said, decided to trek out to the front hall.

Only, it wasn’t me.

Deftly, at least by our clumsy standards, he grabs up his pants from the floor, where he had dropped them on his way to his bedroom; and held the in front of himself.
“Oh, Hi , Mrs. Stufflebeam!”

A few hours later, I was on the phone with the :visitor” ad she shared the following with me.
Since she has several sons, she didn’t think anything odd about his coming out to greet her in his boxers, or in the fact that he had left his pants in the middle of the front hall.
Seemed perfectly normal , to her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Madre,

Hope you're having a nice time, miss you.

Love,
e