Friday, August 29, 2008

Story of the Day 8/29/2008 #2

I have spent the last two days learning how to caption videos.
Of course, this was drastically complicated by the fact that I type...well, I don’t – which is the problem. And I don’t read directions.
But, despite all of this, I have managed to learn how to mangle captioning with the rest of them. Well, actually, that isn't’ true.
I have learned to subtitle-, which is actually different than captioning.

The difference? I haven’t figured that one out yet, since I haven’t read the directions.

Anyhow, I had a break from the damn computer (if you had my typing skills and were trying to subtitle, you would use that language too!), yesterday evening.
Sarah and I were out watching the Indiana Fever get trounced. It was painful.
For us and for them.
So, we were out- and I was away fro eth damned computer, except, that I had a phone call that my son was having trouble burning his most recent video onto DVD.
It was burning- but sans the sound.
Perfect for Sarah, but he was taking it in to his Hebrew class, and those kids are hearing.

I gave him a step by step of what to do….over the phone. Only it didn’t.
So, when I came home, I did it the way that I have always done it- and it didn’t work.

I have no idea why.
I have also never read the direction for that.

I sat down at the computer and started trying this and that and whatever comes after that.
I kept at it and kept at it and kept at it- I am a bit notorious for not giving up on things.
So, I kept at it until about 1:08 AM- which was no longer last night, but was this morning.
Yeah, I really don’t like reading directions.

Anyhow- success!

Was it worth it??Yes, because this morning, Aaron told me he loves me-!I assure you, with my cooking skills it is important to occasionally have a success like this, because even though I have trained my family to think that boxed and frozen food is the height of gourmet cooking, I don’t’ want to find myself out on the street , if they ever realize that it isn’t.

No comments: