Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Story of the Day 8/12/2008




Esther called me, earlie , this afternoon, and shared what has been happening at home, since Sarah and I left.
After my urging her to, she typed up the following story:

As Aaron and I were on our way to the grocery store today I decided that maybe we should clean out the car a little bit before it becomes my moms, since she's going to have to drive it around full of our old mapquest directions and water bottles and broken umbrellas if we don't throw it all out.
Marsh is right next to Mailbox's Express, and since Aaron and I have left the trunk full of packing peanuts all summer (meant to be dropped off there) we decided now was a good time to dispose of them.Last time Aaron went in they told him that they had enough and couldn't accept our peanuts. I told him that this time if they said that we were going to drop the peanuts and run.
While Aaron cleaned up some spilled peanuts in the trunk i took in the first trip worth of bags. The lady inside told me that they weren't accepting any peanuts because someone had dropped off a boatload just yesterday.
I left and told Aaron, he said, well, we can still drop them and run, but since they had already seen me Aaron volunteered to do it himself.
He took the bags in and dropped them on the counter without seeing the lady, and then heard her say "Sir, we can't take those," on the way out, but decided to play deaf. She caught on and started waving her arms, so Aaron looked at her and calmly smiled and waved back and left.

No comments: