Monday, August 25, 2008

Story of teh Day 8/25/2008

A problem with the blog is that stories are not going to go up in order.
Okay, so I didn’t’ always send them in order, either, but it is so much more accusatory when they are posted out of order- like an official-“Do you know what day it is?”
But I am waiting on two approvals for stories, so they have to wait…

On the other hand, maybe it is just a very real reflection of my warped life…my surreal real world where everything is just a little out of order.

Yeah, I am having one of those days.

Tonight was back to school night.
For Aaron’s school.
I get to do this again, on Thursday, for Sarah.
Of course, tonight, all I have is back to school night. On Thursday I have three things scheduled which all conflict- so it will be , “how can I do 15 minutes of this and then get to the next thing?” all evening.

Three years ago was Aaron’s Freshman year , and Esther’s Senior year , at the same school.
This meant that all night – for Open House- my butt was supposed to be in two different chairs in two different rooms during each “period” . Luckily, they had different lunch periods, so that meant one uncontested class I could visit for each of them.

And, just to show that the teachers are not without compassion, there is a little extra credit from some of them if you show up for their part of it- which is a real pain when the two teachers that offer it, one for each student, are during the same period.
I am suspicious that the teachers do this on purpose. It helps tehm to figure out which kids are the most vicious – sicen the parent will not miss that class!
So, which child I have is more likely to murder me ?….and, it is at those moments I am grateful I only had two kids at the same school during the same year. I could have had three….or four…..hey, some families do.

At any rate, tonight my butt only had to get to one chair for each “period”. But I spent the first 4 classes wondering how I could be such a loser.
Every teacher talked about papers I should have seen and signed.
But I hadn’t.

I am known for being an airhead, but I swear to you, I hadnt’ seen or signed any of them. NOT A ONE!
So, now my son is in danger of being failed out of school during his senior year- and it is all my fault!

But then, in 7th “period”, a teacher said the one little thing that jolted me back to reality. She said, “I sent this home with your student the second day of school…”

I would have jumped up and hugged her except that I was wedged into a space between a desk and a wall- with a chunk of blackboard sticking me in the back of my head.

I hope that isn’t my son’s normal seat.

You see, I wasn’t’ there.
Not the seat, the first week of school.

I was in New Jersey.
So, hopefully Larry saw all those papers and took care of them.
So, if Aaron is flunked out for this, at least I had nothing to do with it.

Ahhhhh.

No comments: