Monday, November 10, 2008

Story of the Day 11/10/2008

I am old enough to remember the expression, “Uh oh, your (the) rabbit died!” To mean, you were pregnant.
This was linked to some free floating bit of info that there used to be a pregnancy test in which, if the woman was pregnant, the rabbit died after being injected with her blood.

Since I live in the information age, I used Google to find out that it was originally mice, and that the rabbit (or mouse) died whether or not you were pregnant, because they had to examine its ovaries to see if there were hormones in the woman’s blood that would create changes in the poor little rabbit.

No, I am not pregnant, which is not why I looked this up. It was inspired by Aaron’s question to me, this morning.
“Mom, when you are pregnant, does it feel the same as when you are constipated?”
I am sure that all of you are asked questions like this by your children.

The next thing I will be looking up is peeing on Drano. I vaguely remember that being some sort of pregnancy test…..
And, in case you want to know, my answer was , “No.”

No comments: