Sunday, November 16, 2008

Story of the Day 11/16/2008

Lunchtime.
Aaron is telling us about the party, last night. One of the servers asked him, “Are you Shomer Shabbat ( observed the laws of the Sabbath.) “
Aaron replied, sheepishly , “ I sometimes break a rule.”
“Hey, nobody’s perfect. So open this wine bottle for me.”

I told Aaron, “ Friday night, when you were at shul, Sarah followed me into the laundry room, and turned on the light- out of habit. Then, she realized it was Shabbat, and was crushed.
“I told her,” Everyone makes mistakes like that! I do, Daddy does.’ “
“Not Daddy!”
“ I said, ‘Yes he does.’
“ And she asked, ‘Did you see him?’ (Because she still couldn’t’ believe that.)
“And I said , ‘No.” So, I am sure she doesn’t believe that he does.”

Aaron then shared that he had been researching the number of minority students at Ball State.
“There are actually a fair number of Asian and black students.”
“More than 15%?” , said his mother, the skeptic.
“Yeah. And that is good, because it would be really scary if it were all white people. I wouldn’t want to go to a place like that. Really scary.”

No comments: