Saturday, November 15, 2008

Story of the Day 11/15/2008 #2- Yesterday evening

We are sitting at the table.
It is Shabbat and we are enjoying slightly too much food. A normal Friday evening, in other words.
As I ask everyone if they want tea, Sarah says, “You know Aaron wants green tea.”
I had thought, from the multiple cup of it that he drinks, everyday, that he had developed a sudden fondness for the taste of it.
He is constantly asking me to buy more. I think I bought two boxes of it for him, last week.
But, I found I was wrong.
He hasn‘t developed a taste for it. He has read that drinking green tea can help prevent Alzheimer’s.

He is probably the only 17 year old in Indiana who has made it part of his daily health regimen to drink several cups of it for this purpose, but ….he was, probably, also the only child in kindergarten, who asked his mother, “Mom, if I grow up and become a teacher, will I earn enough money to support a family?”

No comments: