Thursday, November 20, 2008

Story of the Day 11/20/2008

I was surprised.
I asked Sarah, “You want to work for the CIA when you grow up?”
She looked….stunned. “Who told you that?”


“The school sent me a paper to add to your goals -and said that is your goal. To add to your IEP”
“Oh, I didn’t know they would use that for something important.”

“Well, do you want to work for the CIA?”
“I don’t’ know. Everything else they said sounded boring. How am I supposed to know what is involved with the different jobs? And I wasn‘t sure what the point of some of the jobs were.”

“So, do you really want to work for the CIA?”
“I don’t know. What other jobs are better?”

I am curious to see how the Deaf School plans to prepare her for this job.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I don't know what they do in the CIA either - Can I go to Sarah's career counseling classes with her and find out?

Cassia Margolis said...

email teh Deaf School and ask.