Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Story of the Day 5/ 22/ 2011

The theme for the day is poop. If you prefer, you can refer to it as crap, or shit or feces, if you really want to pretend to be proper.

At noon, to celebrate Lag B’Omer, we went to the Lubavitch picnic, behind the Jewish Community Center.
In keeping with tradition, they had a couple of really excellent salads, and watermelon, and hamburgers and chicken wings, and a thunderstorm.

Just like last year, we huddled under the picnic shelter and stared out at the teeming rain. Those of us who had arrived early enough to be seated and not get soaked before it started still managed to get soaked, because for about 15 minutes, there were strong wind gusts and the rain came in at a horizontal angle.
Oh well, who can argue with tradition?

And, just as always, my husband and I were enjoying speaking with our friends and our children had hit their limit of socializing and took my house key and walked home.

On the way home, they had a lovely conversation.
Sarah: Why didn’t you flush the toilet yesterday? I flushed for you, though.
(One minute later) Eh, it smelled so bad!
Aaron: No! My poop smells good like always!
Sarah: Um, I was talking about this spectacular tree, not your poop.
Aaron: I was talking about the tree too. The tree smells so good!

Then, at dinner, when everyone was pleasantly full, but feeling like they had behaved a bit too virtuously and now needed something chocolaty, I pulled out the dregs of what sweets we had and put them on the table.
Aaron and Larry were satisfied, but Sarah picked up the bag of Dove chocolate promises and exclaimed. “Ewwww, why did you have to buy the milk chocolate? They taste like crap!”
I replied, “ And how would you know what that tastes like?”
“Because I had some a long time ago.”
I stared at her for a moment. And then another moment.
Suddenly her eyes grew wide and she said, “I mean the milk chocolate. I tasted some of it a long time ago!”
“Remind me never to share my fork with you!”

I can’t wait to see what tomorrow’s theme will be.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

<3 <3 <3
I can't wait for you to visit!
ROTFL

DaCanon said...

I have often found that, toward the end of the day, the conversations always seem to turn to shit. :-p

Thanks for the great story.