Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Story of the Day 5/3/2011

I thought he was joking.
I mean, after all, he is a comedian.
And sometimes he is even funny.
And he posted it on my wall on FaceBook, after a whole mess of other funny and not-quite-funny comments posted by a host of friends and family.

It all started because of my post:

I would like to publicly thank Lynne Lieberman for Aaron Margolis-Greenbaum's safe arrival in St Louis. this was made possible by her kind and brilliant gift of a GPS. If not for his Aunt Lynne, he would be wandering somewhere in the area of either Arkansas or South Dakota.

So about 10 comments down, Aaron posts this:
Unfortunately having a GPS doesn't make me any less prone to terrible driving and accidents...smile

And, of course, I assumed he was joking, I mean, after all, he did type “ smile” at the end.
But then I got this email which he had sent to both me and my long-suffering better half:
Thanks! I miss you too!

I really embarassed myself today when picking up Becca from school. To let a minivan get by me I backed up without looking and hit a car. There was no damage so the people didn't care, but it was still terribly embarassing for me. I also hit a tire on the highway which caused some plastic to rip and hang from the bottom of the car. I'm sorry Dad!

I love you guys a lot and I'll be coming home Thursday!

Love,

Aaron


Now, you might wonder about the three declarations of love. No, that is not Aaron trying to ingratiate himself with his volatile , riled parents, that is Aaron’s normal way of communicating. Actually, he might have inadvertently dropped one of two from what would have been a missive of this length.

But what I am wondering about is the “plastic” hanging from the bottom of the car.
The last time I knew, there was no plastic on the bottom of the car to hang. Is this part of the back seat that is now exposed and hanging down? Is this part of a body bag that Aaron mistook for a tire and ran over on the high way, or is this something even harder to explain?
Tune in for the next installment.

Oh, and if you speak with Lynne, tell her that next time she needs to buy him the GPS that comes with full-body armor and driver’s lessons.

1 comment:

ely said...

what a coincidence! just last week i lost some of the plastic from under my car on ethel's front lawn. she gave me the usual grumpy face.