Friday, May 27, 2011

Story of the Day 5/21/2011

I have decided to retire.
Prematurely.
I have just two more years, well, a tiny bit more, and I could retire on time, but I don’t think I can handle the stress, anymore.
The problem is that someone will need to take over my job.
I was thinking about how this might work.
I could place an ad in the newspaper.
Well, but the only people who would go to the newspaper to read a job advertisement would be my peers. Heck, half the newspapers have already folded. But I have no idea how to go about placing an ad, on-line.
On the other hand, the person would need to be about my age to have developed a thick enough skin to survive this job.

The ad might read:

Wanted, person who has experience being pushed around, and can push back. Must expect to be lied to and to deal, on a regular basis, with of people who think it is part of their mission to break the law in an effort to harm children.
Applicant needs to be able to restraint him/herself from hitting, spitting, yelling four-letter words, and stabbing any of the said nasty people. It is also preferable that you do not know how to use a gun, just in case.
Applicant must have a lot of patience and an undying hope that things will improve. In other words, it will help to be a fool.


But I really can’t imagine I will be able to find anyone else to deal with the head of special education at my daughter’s high school.

No comments: