Friday, September 16, 2011

Story of the Day 9/11/2011 #2

My brother works for Wal-Mart.

This caused consternation among some members of the family, when he first let us know that was where he would be working.
Some of us like to think that a couple of college degrees should be worth more than wearing one of those blue “vests” and pushing shopping carts. But, hey, work is work and the economy sucks.

And he is actually employed at their corporate headquarters- a fact that looks much more promising when you introduce yourself to eligible young ladies.

I should explain that I am referring to my younger brother. My older brother is happily married. I have no idea how many years now, but long enough that his middle school aged daughter was born well after anyone had to count the months back to figure out if she was “ premature”.
At any rate, my older brother doesn’t have to worry about eligible ladies. My younger brother, a bachelor, does.

So, there he is, living and working in beautiful Rogers, Arkansas. Apparently, it is a good place to work, and possibly a nice, settled sort of place to raise a family.
But what do you when you are young and single?… Well, apparently, my brother has been doing things like attending monster truck rallies.
This may be fine where you come from, but it is not something we can readily mention at synagogue. Okay, maybe we can at our synagogue, but since he is not looking to hook up with a girl from our synagogue….. (and I didn’t’ mean “ hook up” that way!)

And where oh where is he going to meet a nice young lady?
Apparently, everyone there works at Wal-Mart, so I suppose it will have to be at work.

My husband is actually rather taken with this idea.
After all, he met me at work.
In the cafeteria.

He also thinks that he knows just what the wedding invitations should say,
“ Look what I got at Wal-Mart”. Either that or “Save money, Live better.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He should go to the local synagog there to meet young ladies. He might find someone in cut-off jean shorts, tied up shirt, hair in pigtails with cotton balls stuck in them at the monster truck shows. Just sayin, What kind od young lady is he looking for? Maybe she will have a big, yellow happy face on her shirt and be lowering the prices??

Cassia Margolis said...

gee, is that what they dress like for monster truck rallies?
never been to one- although, i must admit that I have been to a few demolition derbies.....
hey, as long as she is wearing a shirt when he meets her.....