Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Story of the Day 9/8/2011

( background stories from 8/17 and 8/24)


I had a wonderful email , this afternoon, from Cindie.
Cindie, who is my partner in crime, had spent the better part of the morning with me at a case conference.

Better as in quality not quantity.

After one of those, you might think that the two of us would be out drinking in a bar, but, unlike the multitudinous conferences we have been suffering through for months, this one was actually pleasant.
Pleasant- and , yes, you can quote me.

And , no, we had neither been drinking nor smoking pot prior to the start of the conference, so that is not why we thought it was pleasant. At least, I don’t remember doing that…..

It was pleasant because of the absence of Darth Vader. Whoops sorry, I meant BH.

So, I was surprised when I received the following email from Cindie:

How did we get so lucky not to have her??


Her being BH.

When I saw the email I thought, “Shit, what have I not been telling her?”
Since I lead my life rather publicly ( doesn’t blogging everything that happens count as publicly?) and I email or call Cindie an average of twice a day, how could I have somehow not told her the big news?

You see, after the BH fiasco,
- and I am accepting suggestions for a good , catchy name for the item that finally drew BH’s unprofessional and unethical behavior to the attention of her boss -

after the BH fiasco, her boss, Dr. F told me that in order to re-establish credibility BH would no longer be the person running the show- I mean the case conferences. In other words, she could no longer refuse to discuss items on the agenda, call Sarah a liar, prevent the staff from bringing up any problems, not provide assessments and services, etc.

Well, gee, somehow I had managed to not tell this bit of news to Cindie- which elicited the next two email responses from her:

Wait. What???? Is she not allowed to come to your cc any more???



And
No!!! You told me none of that!!

Oh gosh, now I suspect I will have to find someone else to help me bury the bodies in the backyard…I mean go drinking with…I mean….or hope she accepts this very belated explanation of what has happened- that BH has been deposed as the queen ( read: tyrant) of the case conferences and peace and common sense will reign!

Although, we didn’t do a very good job of keeping the peace, today, since one innocent remark on the part of the interpreter, set us off laughing- to the puzzled looks of most of the rest of the group- well, and the pained expression of the TOR( the resource teacher) who was tethered to BH during what went on.

But that is a story for another day.

In the meanwhile, I had better quickly explain all to Cindie, or I might have to go hunting for another buddy to help me bury the bodies……figural bodies, of course.

No comments: