Sunday, September 11, 2011

Story of the Day 9/5/2011

It is that time of year, again.
My husband and children cringe at every email I send them, at every suggestion.
I am trying to get our holiday letter- the one that goes out with the Rosh Hashanah cards to the out of town friends and family- together.
That and a photo.

When the children were little- littler than I am- that kind of little, I wrote the letter, showed it to my husband, he tweaked it a bit, and it was ready to send.
That and a cute picture of the three children smiling.

Then they got bigger.
It was hard to get them to do more than grimace for the photo.
They started to tell me not to mention things in the holiday letter.
They rolled their eyes.
Then they started making faces for the holiday photos. Not the pleasant kind.
One year, I told them to each write their own paragraph and get it to me.
My husband did.
Period.
It was a very short holiday letter.

The next year, I wrote a letter and told them that unless they got corrections/re-writes back to me in a timely fashion, I was sending it “ as is”. Oddly, this got a much better response than the year before. Of course, I stacked the odds in my favor by filling it with all sorts of things I knew they did not want shared.

Of course, that still leaves us with the problem of the photo.

Heck, I can’t even get all three of them I the same state!

So, it looks like it may be two photos. One of two of them, and one of the kid that isn’t in the photo with the other two.
I have been going through pictures and so have they, and Ely sends me the photo of him that he likes the best……

I immediately emailed him back, “ Please, we don’t want to scare any small children!”

To which Ely replied, “ Why, is our holiday letter now supposed to be G rated?”

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I want *that* photo!

Cassia Margolis said...

Should I edit this and post it at the top? Let me send it to you, before u answer. i really thought about putting one in where they are all grimacing.....